Past Hokudai/Cast Entries

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Hokudai/Cast 80: 50 Seasons?

Click on the title to hear Hokudai/Cast 80
Click on 'Posts' on the player at left.
 Choose Hokudai/Cast 80 to listen to these notes.
Hokudai/Cast 80 has a list of the 50 most commonly used words in English. The first 11 words are 
  1. they 
  2. of 
  3. an
  4.  a 
  5. to 
  6. in 
  7. is 
  8. you 
  9. that 
  10. it 
  11. he
The 12th word is "was." Did you notice that the seventh word was "is"? These are both from the verb 'to be.' All the other words on the list are similar - small words often used. Another verb on the list is 'have'. Memorizing this list would be useful if you wanted to read quickly over the smaller words. There aren't many verbs or nouns on the list of 50 most used words and verbs and nouns are the important part of the sentence. You should find the words that you need and learn them. After you learn the words you need, you should practice using them.
Find, Learn, Practice

Rhythm of Our Feet by Somebody's Closet
I feel the breeze of transition coming round the corner tapping me on my back. With it comes visions of rebirth from the past. Its like the spring changing everywhere on the earth underneath my feet. Another step on the road to growing into being complete.

Its been forewarned and its been said, that when the waves come over our heads the sharks will circle in but they wont win. They wont feed on me. I will go on and on with the beat; with the rhythm of our feet.

When I look around its safe to say Im not the only one that feels this way. I can see behind their eyes anticipation for a change. Some show hesitation, perhaps so fear of what the unknown will bring. Some have that fire in their eyes looking ready for anything.

But we all have heard the sound when the rain comes pouring down. A sharp wind may try to make us cold, but it wont. In my soul I know we will go on and on with the beat; with the rhythm of our feet.

They say we cant change anything, but whose to say that we cant die trying.

Summer Is Gone by Pensive
Summer is gone and I can’t be here anymore
Slide into fall and I’ll never be too sure
Will you be here waiting when snow hits the ground
Summer is gone and I can’t stop this world from spinning around

Can I stay here another day, another day
Can I stay here with you
Can I stay here another day, another day
Can I stay here with you

Watching you sleep and I’m counting down the days
Hoping that your dreams will remind you of this time and place
You can see that I can’t stop this world from spinning around

Can I stay here another day, another day
Can I stay here with you
Can I stay here another day, another day
Can I stay here with you

Can’t you see it’s a tragedy
Every word I say, every song I sing’s about you, about you


_______________
Hokudai/Cast: Your fun-service podcast for learning Japanese, English, and Chinese.

About Hokudai/Cast and 北陸大学

My Photo
EnglishBob
Mirai Sozo is the School of Future Learning at Hokuriku University. The primary focus is on language (English and Chinese) and management (hospital administration, sports, and business).
View my complete profile